Grant Application Guidelines
Grant Application Guidelines for 2021-2022 (Download)
WE WELCOME YOUR APPLICATION
The Rotary Club of Beloit is pleased to make grant funds available to non-profit agencies in good standing to support local, regional, and international projects. We offer two types of grants: Short-Term and Long-Term.
EACH GRANT HAS A SEPARATE APPLICATION FORM. SELECT THE ONE THAT APPLIES TO YOUR PROJECT.
Short-Term Project (Community Project Request)
- A one-time project, OR those with time frame of less than 12 months to completion
- A funding need of less than $2,000.00
Long-Term Project (Signature Project Request – Additional requirements on Form)
- A time frame of more than 12 months to completion
- A funding need of more than $2,000.00
- Signature of a current member of a current member of the Rotary Club of Beloit
GRANT REVIEW TIMELINE
Rotary Fiscal Year: July 1, 2021– June 30, 2022
Applications accepted: July 1, 2021 – April 1, 2022
Applications close: April 1, 2022
Rotary Application Review: April 1 – May 15, 2022
Grant Awards Announced: June 2022
PROJECTS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ROTARY GRANTS
Rotary limits its funding of project applications to those that are within the scope of the Purpose of Rotary. Therefore, the following specific types of project requests are not eligible for Rotary support.
- Establishment of a foundation or trust
- Benefit to a Rotarian or a relative of a Rotarian
- Reimbursement for a completed or existing project
- Purchase of land or buildings
- Salaries or stipends for cooperating organizations
- Operating or administrative expenses
- Routine maintenance or maintenance contracts
- Travel expenses
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL GRANT PROPOSALS (COMMUNITY AND SIGNATURE PROJECTS)
To have a project considered for a Rotary grant, the following criteria must be met.
- Applicant must be a non-profit organization in good standing.
- Project must be clearly defined and must include measurable outcomes.
- Must include a projected financial statement including revenue sources and expense allocations.
- Must include a statement of community involvement other than funding.
- The project must create a positive image for the Rotary.
- ALL PORTIONS OF THE APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETED BY THE REQUESTING ORGANIZATION IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Project Funding Application